Pasta & Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- a pinch of mixed dried herbs
- pepper to taste
- 210g dry wholewheat pasta
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or frying pan. Cook the onion on a medium heat until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Make sure the pan is not too hot when you add the garlic, as it burns easily and will make the sauce taste bitter.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and mixed herbs.
- Simmer gently for 15 minutes until the sauce is thick and rich.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, mix in with the sauce and serve topped with fresh herbs.